Let's get un-unfit!

FBFF! Go to Katy's Modly Chic to learn more!

I didn't have time/inclination to search through my archives to find a fitness-related picture. This is a makeup-related picture from a store window in London. 


1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
In the winter I play ringette about twice a week. In the summer all I want to do is ride my bicycle and go for long walks. It gives me something to look forward to. And because my mom always does this, I pump my groceries. Why carry them when you can walk to your car or similar whilst getting buff?

2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
I think sometimes realizing how far you can push your body gives you new appreciation for how my strength you have.

3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?
I usually wear Lulu Lemon pants because even if I'm working out there's no reason for my bottom not to look it's best. Mostly I wear something I feel comfortable getting all sweaty in...

4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
I think I should be doing more because, you know, society wants me to buy more things like P90X so that I can be a skinny minnie... but at the same time I am who I am...

5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
Ideally I'd like to lose the sugar belly and learn to like running. Apparently it's a thing that people like... I'll keep trying. Probably. Actually I think it would be lovely to be strong. And not to break into an asthmatic wheeze every time I exercise, cough, or laugh. That would be pretty fab.

Comments

Chelsea said…
I'm gonna participate in FBFF for the first time today. Holla! Haven't written my post yet, but now I'm committed by telling you about it.

Anyway... what I WILL be writing about is how I started to LIKE to run. It came from training for a marathon and realizing that if I go at my own (slow as shit) pace, it's actually pretty fucking empowering (sorry for all the cursing). The marathon, however, kicked my ass and I didn't run again regularly for over a year and a half. So, won't be doing that again!

Anyway, the point of this little tidbit is that now I'm getting back into the swing of regular exercise (the reasons for which will be explained in upcoming post), and part of that entails doing the "Couch to 5K" program. It's a slow build up exercise guide to being able to run a 5K without any walking. It's gradual and includes lots of walking at the beginning, and I think it's a great way to ease into and then figure out if you actually enjoy running. If you enjoy being outside and exploring, then I think you might like it!

Anyway... no pressure but thought I'd share my story with you, yo. This week I did the Week 2 workouts... 90 seconds jogging/2 minutes walking for 20 minutes... and felt like a bad ass. Can't wait for next week!

Popular Posts