FBFF: Location

Check out Katy's Modly Chic for everyone's answers!

1. What part of the world do you blog from?
I'm from the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. I live in a small city that is brutally cold in the winter and sweltering in the summer.


2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say?
Schlumpy. No really. People do not dress very well here. If they are dressed up things are mostly ill-fitting or not particularly stylish. It almost feel like the majority are afraid to do something different so many people look the same. When I see someone who clearly enjoys wearing clothes that reflect their personality it's very noticible and stands out from the crowd.

3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold?
I hope that I break the mold! I get comments all the time that I'm really fancy and people yelling at me down the street that they like my shoes.

4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve?
I lived in England in a tiny village and I found that I was really free to try new and different things. This was because the village was small, isolated and populated by people over 60. There was no one to judge me. Plus I was travelling so I didn't have my full retinue of clothing options and shoes. I had to make do with the things that I had, which really wasn't much. I do remember going into London and feeling like I didn't fit in or measure up. These women were so stylish and I was wearing my country bumpkin waitress gear...




5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be?
Oh my goodness! I don't know! I think I'd like to be Paris but am probably closer to Coney Island in NYC...

Comments

I love that people yell down the street about your shoes. that is THE best compliment! I cannot imagine being stylish in a place so cold, maybe that is why people don't care??? Just my thought. Happy Friday!
Style Journey said…
That is hilarious people yell at you about your shoes! Glad you break the mold in your neck of the woods. It's hard to be stylish when it's FREEZING outside!

Heather
geetabix said…
Love that prairie photo!
TJ Letkeman said…
I would like to point out that I'm from Saskatchewan and I wear suits so fine, they make Sinatra look like a hobo.

Popular Posts