Packing mistakes


I'm not sure what I was thinking when I packed for this trip. I tried to. I read all those how to pack a capsule wardrobe posts. I made lists and thought about it for ages. I think that I knew in my head that it was going to be spring here but I couldn't get my heart out of autumn. I packed Fall dresses. I packed 5 pairs of leggings and was really concerned with tights. It was 33 degrees (91F) the other day. I have no need for tights. I packed 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts and a skirt. But I only packed 3 tops to go with them. And it turns out that they all have little holes in them from where they caught on my belt. I packed 3 bras. 1 is super uncomfortable. 1 is strapless, it has the ability to have straps too but I just didn't bring any. And the wire popped out on the 3rd as soon as we got on the first of 5 flights to get here. I had to make do with a bit of Kleenex and a bit of liquorice in order to make it through the digging in pain of it all. (for interests sake, the liquorice worked best, sticky and sort of gross but still...)
This is going to be an expensive change of season...

Comments

Amara said…
On the bright side, you guys look very adorable :)
you both look super cute! and oh man... I can NEVER figure out how people start with such a small amount of clothing. I swear, even if I try to, I can't do that!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
LyddieGal said…
Okay... your bra story is hilarious.
I think there is a lesson in there -- if you have a bra that isn't comfortable, throw it away! It should not even be an option. You've got to wear that shit all day everyday, even if you have to spend $50 on a good one, it's better than spending $15 and wanting to kill yourself.

Also, you can call me envious of your situation. 1. because I LOVE summer and would relish a day in the 90s right now, and 2. because i always wish I could just throw away my closet every six months and start fresh. So have fun!

Chic on the Cheap

Popular Posts