DaLat-ful

Today we were on a 6 hour bus ride that took 8 hours. And this driver LOVED to honk the horn. I think there was maybe a total of 15 minutes of non-honking time. Seriously. And it seemed like no one on the outside could hear it but inside (and we were in the 1st seats) it was blaring. I may have temporary hearing loss. 



By the time we got to DaLat I was ready to tear my ears off and the Gentleman Caller was about to punch the driver. It was awful. He would honk if there was a car, motorbike or pedestrian on either side of the road, when he was passing on a blind corner while going up a hill, when saying hi to other buses, when he wanted to make his partner annoyed, when it started raining. In fact the only time he wasn't incessantly honking was when he was on the phone. And I understand it's important for get the motorbikes out of your way. But perhaps 1 toot is enough rather than a HOOOOOONNNNNNNNNKKKKKKK 8 times/bike. Rant over.


Since we got to Dalat we have spoken to many kids. They are so friendly and just want to practice their English. So there was choruses of HELLOOOOO! And what is your name? As we walked up the street. Really cute!



We took a gondola in the rain. Finding the gondola in the first place was nearly impossible. The map said to go one way, the wrong way. But we found in eventually. And then it poured. But on the up side we saw this gorgeous lake. And then it poured some more and we were over it. 


As always, Mind the Ramp has more photos. 

Today I am thankful for people who sell things that you need just as you need them. Such as rain ponchos. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh lady, I'm so sorry you had to endure that honking-filled ride! I confess this post made me giggle! "By the time we got to DaLat I was ready to tear my ears off and the Gentleman Caller was about to punch the driver."--Priceless! I'm glad you arrive safely and had a poncho to keep you dry! :)
geetabix said…
Those kids sound adorable :)

Popular Posts