A love like this

Today, April 11th,  is my mom's birthday. She would have been 60. That's a pretty big birthday. In its place is a very big grief.

Spending time together in the airport before I went to Australia

Today is also 5 months since she's been gone. The days go by and sometimes they are even ok. But everything is muted, songs a bit quieter, colours a bit greyer. And not a day goes by that I don't just wish I could give her a hug and I miss and I miss and I am missing.

Memorial butterfly in the Palliative Care ward of the hospital

Sometimes when everything is out of control and nothing makes sense, you feel like you just need to do something, anything... even if it's small.

In that light, my family and I are participating in the Relay for Life. This is when we walk all night long, from 7pm to 7am. This small journey represents the intense journey those battling cancer go through. We raise money, we celebrate survivors, we support those fighting, we remember those we've lost.

If you have $5 that you can spare, my team, me and everyone who has been touched by this hideous and prevalent disease (even Taylor Swift's mom) would be so appreciative. If you aren't able to donate maybe you could give blood or give your people a hug so big that they know just how much you love them. The world needs a bit more love.

Because, in the end, love is all there is.

Comments

Popular Posts